10 SPRING CLEANING TIPS/IDEAS (Pt. 2)
6. Appliances: Yes… it’s easy to just sweep the floors you can see, but don’t forget about those hard to reach spots. This is probably easier with 2 people. Take your vacuum and be sure to get all around the refrigerator coils and beneath the fridge as well. This will help the fridge run better and put less stress on it which will help it last longer. Buying small plastic bins will help keep the contents inside neat, organized and help prevent things from spilling.
7. Clutter: Sell your unused items. This is a great way to not only clear up some space in your home, but also an easy way to make some spare cash! Try having a garage sale and parting with a few things you may not have any more use for. An easy rule to go by is that if you’ve had it stored for over a year and a half… chances are you really can do without it. With the power of the internet, it’s that much easier! Tons of useful apps and platforms allow you to list your items for sale with just a click of a button. Many of these you may have already heard of, but we’ll list a few platforms below.
- Facebook Marketplace
- Let Go
- Craig’s List
- Posh Mark
- Offer Up
8. Décor upgrade: If you’ve followed tip number 7, you may have some space to spare in your home now. Adding a few small decorative items can really give your space a new look. The great thing about small décor pieces is that they are relatively cheap. *Hint- try the same apps mentioned above ??. Simple cosmetic upgrades can really transform your home and maybe even enhance your mood. Try a fresh coat of paint for an accent wall and you’ll have a total room makeover for about the same price as a nice dinner.
9. Don’t forget outside! With so much focus on the interior of the home, we don’t want to forget about that “curb appeal”. This is an area that can be handled at a low cost but may take some time. Keeping the yard nice and trim keeps your home looking great. A quick addition of mulch around trees and bushes give you a great traditional look for only about $3 dollars a bag. If you’re looking for something to do this weekend, try taking a trip over to your local flea market and seek out some patio furniture. You’ll be surprised at the items you’ll be able to find and the savings that go with it!
10. Relax! And Enjoy the “new” space! invite some friends or family over and take pride in your hard work! New additions and improvements to your home don’t have to cost a lot to get the result you desire. You’ll find that the more you keep up with your home, the more you’ll enjoy spending time there and so will friends and family.