Emergency resources Caution
Which resources do you rely on during a power outage? Do you use candles to light your home? While it may be your only alternative, it is important to aware that candles can also cause your home to catch on fire and endanger your loved ones. Here are some tips that can help when the time comes:
- If you are doing to use a candle, do not leave it unattended.
- Do not leave burning candles within reach of children.
- Lighting a candle is not an option if you smell gas in your home.
- Place candles on fire-resistant surfaces, such as concrete or fire-rated glass.
- Remember that candles are a fire hazard and you should use battery operated flashlights and other similar light sources.